Blocked Drain Plumber Sydney
Let us help you:
- Honest pricing
- Quality Work
- Good listeners
- Experienced Tradesmen
- We offer a permanent solution
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Experience with Blocked Drains
How Mr Drains can help you?
We are a fully licensed and insurance plumbing company that specialise in blocked drains. All our vehicles have all the equipment required to clear drains and have your property back up and draining. We are a 24/7 emergency plumbing company that services all areas of Sydney with a great knowledge of all aspects of plumbing specialising drainage systems. If you think you may have a blocked drain give us a call today for a free quote or to make an appointment with one of our plumbers.
5 Signs Your Drain is about to Block
Fix Your Blocked Drains in Sydney
- A gurgling sound can be heard from one of your drains. The gurgling sound is an early warning not to be ignored. It’s telling you the drain is partially blocked and it needs attention now before it blocks solid.
- A foul smell is coming from the sewer line. Follow your nose to the area and see what could be causing the smell. It is generally an obstruction preventing the sewer from flowing away causing the smell.
- Sewer is flowing everywhere from the surchage gully outside your house. Every property has a surchage gully to prevent the sewer from overflowing into your house. Call us right away so we can clean it up for you.
- The water in your toilet bowl rises up when you flush it. This means there is an obstruction very close to the toilet bowl. You can try and plunge the blockage to clear it. If not, we will have to clear it from outside for you.
- Your child has just told you that their favorite toy just fell into the toilet and was flushed away. There is a very good chance that it will block the drain. We can locate it with out robotic sewer camera and remove it for you.
If you want to avoid an unhealthy condition in your home or business place in Sydney, just call Mr Drains today on Ph: 9986 1234 to receive prompt service!
Drain Issue Prevention
The fact is, the toilet is not a rubbish bin. Cotton buds, toothbrushes, toys, golf balls, jewellery and scissors are just some of the things that make their way inside drains. Use a bathroom bin to dispose of these and other bathroom rubbish such as hygiene products, wet wipes and other waste. When these objects overload the system or cause wastewater blockages, it can be expensive to repair.
If the blockage or overflow is on your property, you are responsible for any repair costs. All toilet cleaning and shower products are safe to use without affecting our wastewater system. Wet wipes may be labelled as ‘flushable’ but they don’t disintegrate like toilet paper – so they should not be flushed down the toilet. Put them in the bin instead. These items don’t help when avoiding a blocked drain in Sydney.
What Should You Do if You Encounter Blocked Drains at Your Sydney Property?
Blocked drains are seriously annoying and can cause considerable damage and inconvenience at your property.
With this in mind, we’ve created this handy guide telling you exactly what to do if you encounter blocked drains at your property.
1. Don’t Panic
Sure, it’s tempting to panic when you have a blocked toilet or drain, but resist this urge. While problems can be serious, remember that they can also quickly and easily be put right. Stay calm, and make sure you get the job done in the right way.
2. Assess the Situation
Sometimes the cause of the blockage is as simple as something becoming lodged in the drain near an opening, such as a plug hole or a toilet bowl. In such cases, it may be easy to remove the object or the blockage yourself after taking the necessary hygiene precautions. You may find that this immediately removes the issue and brings your plumbing system back to normal.
3. Call the Experts if Necessary
If the situation persists, get in touch with the experts.You can contact us at any time if you experience blocked drains on the North Shore or anywhere across the Sydney area.
4. When the Blockage is Cleared, Keep it That Way
Take a look at our tips for keeping your drains and pipework free of blockages. After you’ve experienced a blocked toilet or blocked drain, you won’t want to go through this again.
Yes, we are a fully licensed and insured plumbing company that specialises in blocked drains. We also work to unblock sewer pipes, sinks, toilets, and stormwater drains. Visit our website for our comprehensive range of plumbing services.
You’ll need to check the various clauses your home insurance policy actually covers. All policies are different, here are some things to consider:
- You are responsible for all drains that fall within your property boundary
- Most home insurance policies will cover you for ‘Accidental Damage’ (although it can be difficult to define ‘accidental damage’
- General wear and tear and ‘natural corrosion’ are not considered accidental damage
- Damages caused by tree root intrusion or nearby tree excavation will generally fall under accidental damage
- You may need to take out extra cover to have your drains covered
There are a number of easy ways that you can unblock a drain. These methods are just the first steps to removing your blockage. If these methods do not successfully unblock your drain, we may need to call Mr Drains and allow the professionals to handle it for you. Contact us today for a free quote.
- Boiling water - Boil a kettle with water and pour it down the drain to shift the blockage. Always take care when handling boiling water!
- Natural Cleaners - You can use natural cleaners, such as bicarbonate of soda mixed with vinegar, to create a fizzing effect that breaks drain blockages apart. Pour hot water down the drain, then follow it with one cup of bicarbonate of soda and a cup of vinegar. Leave for 10 minutes, then pour more hot water down the drain. A combination of the hot water and the bi-carb mixture can break blockages up. Try to avoid using caustic cleaners, as these may cause further damage to your pipes.
- Plungers – An old favourite! Plungers are perfect for dislodging local blockages and work by forming a seal around the plughole, creating a vacuum that helps dislodge the blockage.
How long is a piece of string? Unfortunately, we can’t advise on the cost of carrying out drain work, without first assessing the possible cause of the blockage. The good news is that Mr. Drains offers free quotes, so call us today on (02) 9986 1234 to have your blocked drain assessed as soon as possible.
I many cases, a minor, local blockage can be cleared by use baking soda (1 cup) mixed with vinegar (1 cup) and poured down the drain after some boiling water. If this method does not unblock your drain, it may be a more serious issue. Contact Mr. Drains to request a free quote to assess your drain blockage or call us on (02) 9986 1234.
Drain cleaner is caustic, meaning it will eat away at your pipes — even the tougher types. If your home employs plastic pipes, use the solution sparingly, if at all. It can even eat away at metal pipes. Use the solution once to break up a clog, and you could be safe. Use it repeatedly, however, and you’re asking for trouble. Most pipe materials can’t withstand repeated use of the chemicals.
"We have used your plumbing services for over 20 years now and have always found your company to be honest and reliable."
R G Brideson, L J Hooker Lindfield NSW
"We call Mr Drains to fix our drains that block every year and receive great personal service. I would highly recommend using their services!"
Mr Lawson, St Ives NSW
"I would not hesitate recommending your plumbing services to my friends and family. I called you to express how happy I was with the service. Geoff even took his shoes off at the front door!"