Let us help you:
- Honest pricing
- Quality Work
- Good listeners
- Experienced Tradesmen
- We offer a permanent solution
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Experience with Blocked Drains
Mr Drains Plumbing can help you now!
At Mr Drains we are up front with the real cost of getting your drain running again at the best price possible. We don’t sell any gimmicks or have slick sales pitches to confuse you and end up costing you more. We do however, send out trained drain specialists to your property who will clear your drain quickly and give you an honest opinion on the condition of your drains with an up-front price. Because we are local to Bayview we can offer you $50 off your next blocked drains service!
5 Signs Your Drain is about to Block
Fix Your Blocked Drains in Sydney
- A gurgling sound can be heard from one of your drains. The gurgling sound is an early warning not to be ignored. It’s telling you the drain is partially blocked and it needs attention now before it blocks solid.
- A foul smell is coming from the sewer line. Follow your nose to the area and see what could be causing the smell. It is generally an obstruction preventing the sewer from flowing away causing the smell.
- Sewer is flowing everywhere from the surchage gully outside your house. Every property has a surchage gully to prevent the sewer from overflowing into your house. Call us right away so we can clean it up for you.
- The water in your toilet bowl rises up when you flush it. This means there is an obstruction very close to the toilet bowl. You can try and plunge the blockage to clear it. If not, we will have to clear it from outside for you.
- Your child has just told you that their favorite toy just fell into the toilet and was flushed away. There is a very good chance that it will block the drain. We can locate it with out robotic sewer camera and remove it for you.
If you want to avoid an unhealthy condition in your home or business place in Sydney, just call Mr Drains today on Ph: 9986 1234 to receive prompt service!
Drain Issue Prevention
The fact is, the toilet is not a rubbish bin. Cotton buds, toothbrushes, toys, golf balls, jewellery and scissors are just some of the things that make their way inside drains. Use a bathroom bin to dispose of these and other bathroom rubbish such as hygiene products, wet wipes and other waste. When these objects overload the system or cause wastewater blockages, it can be expensive to repair.
If the blockage or overflow is on your property, you are responsible for any repair costs. All toilet cleaning and shower products are safe to use without affecting our wastewater system. Wet wipes may be labelled as ‘flushable’ but they don’t disintegrate like toilet paper – so they should not be flushed down the toilet. Put them in the bin instead. These items don’t help when avoiding a blocked drain in Sydney.
What Should You Do if You Encounter Blocked Drains at Your Sydney Property?
Blocked drains are seriously annoying and can cause considerable damage and inconvenience at your property.
With this in mind, we’ve created this handy guide telling you exactly what to do if you encounter blocked drains at your property.
1. Don’t Panic
Sure, it’s tempting to panic when you have a blocked toilet or drain, but resist this urge. While problems can be serious, remember that they can also quickly and easily be put right. Stay calm, and make sure you get the job done in the right way.
2. Assess the Situation
Sometimes the cause of the blockage is as simple as something becoming lodged in the drain near an opening, such as a plug hole or a toilet bowl. In such cases, it may be easy to remove the object or the blockage yourself after taking the necessary hygiene precautions. You may find that this immediately removes the issue and brings your plumbing system back to normal.
3. Call the Experts if Necessary
If the situation persists, get in touch with the experts.You can contact us at any time if you experience blocked drains on the North Shore or anywhere across the Sydney area.
4. When the Blockage is Cleared, Keep it That Way
Take a look at our tips for keeping your drains and pipework free of blockages. After you’ve experienced a blocked toilet or blocked drain, you won’t want to go through this again.
Have you ever Considered Relining your Blocked Drain?
An alternative to pipe replacement is drain relining. When we reline blocked drains in Bayview our skilled technicians place a new pipe inside your old pipes. The method includes feeding a continuous tube, that is coated with a resin, inside the existing pipes. It is then expanded to fit firmly against the pipe walls. The resin on the tube provides a seamless seal that protects the pipes and offers long-term protection against natural wear and tear. In addition to being more affordable, drain relining takes less time and causes no damage to your property.
Are you interested in having your pipes permanently repaired for your property? Get in touch with Mr Drains today for a free quote Ph 9986 1234. Or, click this link to see our Elephant Pipe Relining Web site to learn more.
"We have used your plumbing services for over 20 years now and have always found your company to be honest and reliable."
R G Brideson, L J Hooker Lindfield NSW
"We call Mr Drains to fix our drains that block every year and receive great personal service. I would highly recommend using their services!"
Mr Lawson, St Ives NSW
"I would not hesitate recommending your plumbing services to my friends and family. I called you to express how happy I was with the service. Geoff even took his shoes off at the front door!"